Your choice of plastic surgeon will be a choice you live with for years, if not your entire life. A successful procedure will give you greater confidence for years to come. On the other hand, ending up in the hands of an inexperienced surgeon increases your chances of having poor results, which leads to additional costs, time, and heartache.
Finding a board certified cosmetic surgeon who has plenty of experience in your procedure of choice is critical to getting the results you desire. Here are some things to look for and questions to ask when selecting a board-certified plastic surgeon:
- Are they board-certified in plastic surgery?
- What is the surgeon’s area of expertise?
- How did they train in the procedure I am considering?
- How long has the surgeon been performing this procedure?
- How many times has the surgeon performed this type of procedure?
- Are you allowed to see before and after photos of other patients?
- Compare the surgeon’s results for the procedure you want to have, and think about whether those results appeal to you personally.
- Would I feel comfortable asking the surgeon any question I might have throughout the process?
- Is the surgeon’s office staff friendly and helpful?
These are just a few things to consider when choosing a board-certified plastic surgeon. To learn more about Dr. Ethridge, visit Meet the Doctor.